Last Updated: March 27, 2017
About NYTA’s Member Community (nytech.org)
NY Tech Alliance is committed to facilitating connection and open communication amongst our members. We believe that our community should be a safe, positive, productive space for members and therefore expect that the members of our community will adhere to the Community Guidelines below.
General Community Guidelines:
- Malicious Bigotry and Harassment. Don't actively promote violence or extreme hatred against individuals or groups, on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Don’t use the NYTA Member Community for harassment. Harassment includes, but is not limited to, offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, sexual images in public and online spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Spam and Data Mining. Don’t use the NYTA Member Community as a method for spam, mass distribution of irrelevant information, or to gather contact and demographic information for your personal or business use off of the site.
- Mass Registration and Automation. If you are registering with us as a member, you should be a real person who plans to engage positively in the member community following the other guidelines listed here.
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement. Respect copyrights and trademarks. If you aren't authorized to use copyrighted or trademarked work (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don't.
- Privacy Violations. Don't use the NYTA Member Community to deceptively obtain personal information. Don't post content that violates anyone's privacy, including personally identifying or confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, and unlisted contact information.
If we conclude you are violating these policies, you may receive a notice via email. If you don't explain or correct your behavior, your account may be suspended. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community. We reserve the right to enforce, or not enforce, these policies in our sole discretion, and these policies don't create a duty or contractual obligation for us to act in any particular manner.
We also reserve the right to amend these policies using the procedures set forth in our Terms of Service.
If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
In addition to our general community guidelines, we also have a specific anti-harrassment policy.
All NY Tech Alliance events, workplaces, staff, presenters, and participants are held to the following anti-harassment policy.
In addition to governing its own events by this policy, NY Tech Alliance will only lend its brand and officially partner with groups which offer a similar anti-harassment policy to their attendees.
NY Tech Alliance is dedicated to providing a harassment free experience for everyone. We welcome everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, faith, national origin, source of income, and language preference.
We do not tolerate harassment in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any NY Tech Alliance event or network activity, including talks. Anyone in violation of these policies may expelled from NY Tech Alliance events or network activities; this will be at the discretion of NY Tech Alliance leadership and/or event organizers.
Harassment includes but is not limited to offensive verbal or written comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, faith, national origin, source of income, and language preference; sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation; stalking; following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact; unwelcome sexual attention; unwarranted exclusion; and patronizing language or action.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, NY Tech Alliance leadership and/or event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender and expulsion from NY Tech Alliance events and network activities.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately. Additionally, you can contact Jessica Lawrence Quinn, NY Tech Alliance’s CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com.
NY Tech Alliance leadership and/or event staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the event.
If you cannot reach the event organizer and/or it is an emergency, please call 911 and/or remove yourself from the situation.